Thursday, March 10, 2011

Stomp. Growl. Laugh.

There are afternoons where I just can’t give anymore of myself to make everybody happy.  The toddler didn’t sleep long enough because she has 3 very large molars that are trying to make their presence known.  This pain gives way to an attitude that, by the end of the day, I have seen enough of. 

When the five year old gets home from school she takes one look at her cranky sister and on days like today, knows just what to do…She stomps her feet.  She lets out a growl.  Most would think that this means she is going to play the same ugly game her little sister has played for the entire afternoon.  But that is not the case.

She growls loudly.  I’M GONNA GEETT YOUUUU!  From across the room the toddler lets out a little giggle…  I’MMMM GONNNNNAAAA GEEEETTTT YOUUUUU! The giggle gets louder.

P1080393P1080394P1080395P1080398

The house erupts with laughter and for a minute I cannot tell the two laughs apart.  They sound almost identical.  The monster switches places and the laughing continues…

 P1080400P1080401

The laughter is enough to shake my crankies out.  I realize that the days march on and that time waits for no one.  These two little girls will soon be grown and the growls and crankies will be heard between the two loud and clear.  Time will be the judge as to whether the growls and stomps will lead to screams and shouts or contagious laughter…

1 comment:

Amy said...

this post gave me goosebumps! what a great big sister!and a great mama!